Mother's Day is a day to celebrate those strong women who have loved unconditionally the children under their wing. Biological or not, the mother-children bond is a powerful one, so why not give Mom a gift she's bound to love-- BOOKS!
And, boy, are you ever in luck! Blue Spider's Attic is offering 15% OFF of Surprise boxes and Hardcover boxes using code BOOKSFORMOM at checkout. Since these boxes are separate from the subscription box, they ship within 72 hours of purchase (except on weekends and/or holidays). No weeks of waiting with these fun boxes! Coupon is valid 5\1\17 - 5/10/2017.
Here's what Mom will get in a Surprise Box:
• THREE secondhand paperbacks of varying genre (SURPRISE!)
• ONE whole-pot sample of coffee or an assortment of teas (SURPRISE!)
• TWO-THREE fun, bookish items that are sure to delight
Surprise boxes are wonderful gifts! These boxes provide an assortment of fun and relaxing items by way of surprise books, randomly chosen from our stock.
Here's what Mom will get in a Hardcover Box:
• ONE secondhand hardcover novel chosen based on chosen genre at time of purchase
• ONE full-pot sample of coffee
• TWO-THREE fun, bookish items
Additional goodies are sometimes included as well.
Grab your gift items today! Shop bluespidersattic.com or bluespiderpress.com
Use code BOOKSFORMOM to save 15% on Surprise boxes and Hardcover boxes.
Coupon code is valid 5/1/17-5/10/2017. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Void where prohibited.
Happy reading and Happy Mother's Day!
Candice & Jeremy
We hope today finds you in wonderful spirits! The weather is sunny and bright today, so it's the perfect day to take a book (or two or three) outside! Lay in the soft grass or prop up in a favorite chair and soak up those rays! Is it a sunny let's-go-read-outside kind of day for you, too?
Today we're sharing with you a video unboxing of the April Books, Bubbles, & Brews #atticbox from a new subscriber. Watch it, like it, share it. Show Nels some love as he moves toward doing more video unboxings.
If you can't view the video below, go here: https://youtu.be/jUOf0wL0jog
This video is also posted on our Reviews page.
We hope your week has been going well. The work week after a holiday can be increasingly difficult as the days wear on. Stay strong. We've got this!
Need a distraction from the humdrum weekday? Check out our REVIEWS page to see what subscribers have to say about their subscriptions from Blue Spider Press, LLC (that's us!)
Candice is a rampant organism that has been sent to destroy... someone or something she can't remember. She also has amnesia and may suffer from the touch of every other literary trope known to writer-kind. Send help. And coffee--lots of coffee.
Since I've become a part of the #bookstagram community on Instagram, I've noticed all of these profiles putting out these photo challenges. They look so fun, so I thought we'd play along, too.
Attic Box subscribers, we invite you to play along with us on Instagram!
Here's how it will work:
• Attic Box arrives: You scream with sheer joy! It's exciting! You want to rip open the box, I know...BUT WAIT! Take unboxing photos as you unpack the items from your Books, Bubbles, & Brew box.
• Check the challenge list below. Each challenge corresponds with an item from your April Attic Box. Incorporate the items from your box into your photos to complete the challenge.
• Photos can be taken and posted at any time after you receive your Attic Box. The deadline for posting is April 30th. The dates below are suggestions only. You do not have to adhere to them. However, you MUST TAG the photos correctly. @bluespiderpress AND #aprilatticboxchallenge must be a part of your description for the photo to be an eligible entry.
• Entry, you say?-- Yes, entry! The Attic Box Challenge will yield an overall winner. This winner will be the person who not only completes all tags correctly and creatively, but also produces clear, fun, and lively images.
• There are no right or wrong ways to interpret these tags. Just have fun with it, incorporate your items into the photo so that it makes sense with the prompts, and tag it properly. For example: The April 12th prompt is Bookmark & Fairy Lights. You would probably want to use a bookmark that came in the box to do this one. Don't have fairy lights or don't know what they are? Use Christmas lights. Use flameless candles. Get creative. Mention in the photo's caption when you post that you're subbing some things out. Easy peasy.
Really, we just want you all to have fun with this! I can't wait to see what you all come up with!
The individual challenges are listed below:
Are you a book hoarder like me? If so, you may occasionally have to put yourself on a book buying ban. Of course, this is only temporary and we hate every minute of it (and isn't it always the case that you find THE MOST AMAZING books when you're supposedly on a book buying ban?).
We totally get it! Sometimes the TBR gets piled so high that you have to start pinning furniture making ideas so the books can have a secondary usefulness while they sit in queue. Who wouldn't want a chair made of books anyway?!
Enter the Bookish Accessories subscription. This option offers the amazing beverages and bookish goodies without the books. We all love books and we hate to think of getting a "book box" without the books, but think of it this way... when the TBR gets piled too high and you've got that ban looming, you can now swap to the Accessories option and continue getting the awesome stuff without having to add more books to your bulging TBR shelf.
You can check the subscription out HERE. As always, you can change your subscription options by logging into your account with your Cratejoy account credentials and editing your information.
In case you missed the earlier theme announcement, here it is again. The May Attic Box is Steampunk themed and you are going to LOVE the items inside.
Psst... don't tell anyone, but one of the vendors included in the box is Literary Apothecary. Be sure to check them out. Although her store is currently closed, be sure to sign up for notification when she reopens because she has some new stuff in store, and she has SO MANY awesome things already! You'll love it.
Read on for details on how to enter the giveaway...
Calling all current subscribers! Do you love your Attic Box subscription? If so, we need YOU!
We're looking for subscribers who: 1) LOVE the Attic Box, 2) LOVE winning free stuff, and 3) will write a review of your Attic Box and tell everyone how much you love it! Can you do that?
Each FIVE STAR review left HERE will earn an entry in the drawing to WIN a gift certificate to Books-A-Million. The amount depends on the number of entries we receive, but will be at least $25.
Only reviews submitted to the Cratejoy Marketplace listing between April 1, 2017 and April 20, 2017 are eligible. Drawing to be held April 22, 2017. In order to secure your entry, once the review has been submitted, you must email us (email@example.com) to notify us and to tell us under which name the review was left.
If you feel you cannot leave a five star review, please email us to tell us why. If there is something we can do to make your experience a better one, we want to know. Our number one priority is to make our subscribers happy!
Thank you all for being with us and for giving the Attic Box a shot! It has been a phenomenal ride so far and we look forward to many, many more months of #bookmail happiness!
Candice & Jeremy
The March theme was A Pirate's Life for Me.
April's theme is Books, Bubbles, & Brew and ships on April 7th.
Keep an eye out for the May theme reveal!
Follow the blog via RSS for updates on what's happening with Blue Spider Press.